Paris Fashion Week SS 2011. At Alexander McQueen, the fantastical look was basket-weaved panels inspired by nature, straw, wicker and basket weaving.
image via blog.squa.re
“The collection is very inspired by nature and creating things from what is around you. This style was inspired by whicker, straw and basket weaving – it’s a fantasy hairstyle and not meant to be wearable.” –Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Products & how to:
– spray starch 15 versatile ironing spray
– forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Create the Look:
– Center part the hair from the roots to crown.
– Divide the hair into 3 panels (left side, right side, and back).
– Taking 1 panel at a time, divide the hair into 1” panels and apply spray starch 15 versatile ironing spray all over.
– Flat iron each 1” panel so it’s completely straight.
– Beginning on the left side of the main panel, take a 1” panel towards the top and begin weaving this horizontally through the other panels. Keep weaving until the horizontal panels reach the end of the hair’s length.
– Take the final portions and braid until the end.
– Follow the steps above for each of the two other panels (left side, right side, back).
– Once the back panel is complete, fold the panel upwards in thirds and secure with pins so it lays flat against the head.
– Finish with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to secure style and reduce fly aways.