TRESemmé created three chic looks for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2010 in NYC.
The Show: Whitney Eve. The Hairstyle: Fun and Flirty Textured Pony.
Hair Tutorial: How to get this hairdo: To coincide with the laid-back, fun-loving feel of the Whitney Eve collection, TRESemmé created a girly, textured pony. Using the right products, this playful look is easy to achieve at home:
1. Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to damp hair, and blow dry upside down using a round brush.
2. Spray hair with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray, and lightly curl with a 1” curling iron for texture.
3. Gently tease the top of the head towards the front of the hairline for volume. Using fingers, pull hair back into a ponytail towards the crown, and fasten with an elastic.
4. Create texture throughout the ponytail using hands, and finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Ultra Fine Mist Hairspray.
The Show: Mara Hoffman. The Hairstyle: Elegant Beach-Textured Bun
Hair Tutorial: Mara Hoffman’s Bohemian-inspired collection was full of tribal prints, draping and flowing silhouettes. To create a modern take on the loose bun with an elegant and refined feel, TRESemmé designed a voluminous and textured style. Follow these quick steps to achieve this carefree look:
1. Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to wet hair from roots to ends. Power dry with a blow dryer, using fingers.
2. Curl small sections of hair with a 1” curling iron. Gently brush out the curls to produce a softer look. Slightly tease the crown with a fine-toothed comb for additional volume.
3. Apply TRESemmé Anti-Frizz Secret Smoothing Crème to the sides of the head. Using fingers, pull hair back while keeping the sides smooth, and twist into a loose bun at the nape. Fasten with an elastic.
4. Pull out a few pieces for a soft, undone look. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
The Show: Tracy Reese. The Hairstyle: High-Fashion Pompadour
Hair Tutorial: The Tracy Reese collection was inspired by layering sheer fabrics, bold prints and colors. To complete this flirty, feminine look, TRESemmé demonstrated layers in the hair by creating a pompadour with a casual bun. The height at the crown added glamour to the messy bun, while the slicked-back sides gave the look structure. Follow these steps to achieve this laid-back sophisticated style:
1. Distribute TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse all over hair, and blow dry with fingers.
2. Tease the crown with a fine-toothed comb, leaving 1” of hair from the front of the hairline to comb over the teased section. Gently secure the entire top section at the base of the crown without losing volume.
3. Apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray to the remaining hair, and set with a curling iron, creating waves.
4. Take a diagonal section from the ears to the base of the crown, securing on top of the base of the teased section – creating a layered effect.
5. Twist remaining length of hair into a loose bun above the nape, securing with hairpins leaving the ends out. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
TRESemmé products are available at food, drug and mass market retailers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of $4.49.