In preparation for this year’s 2014 CEW Finalist announcement (this Friday, April 4), here’s an inside scoop on this year’s leading beauty innovations.
Here are some of this year’s top beauty trends:
· Get Masked!: Masks and peels saw a 66% sales jump in prestige outlets in 2013 and helped meet consumers’ need for immediate results.
· Size Matters: The mass market was inundated with volume-driven mascaras in 2013, showing that thicker lashes are this years’ must-have.
· Anti-Aging Hair Care: Fighting the signs of aging moved from skin into hair care with creams, serums and even a color made with anti-aging formulas.
· Buzz Words: Gentle, Oil-Based, etc. This year exfoliation is taking a back seat to facial cleansers that treat skin gently. Oils, gentle gels and hydrating cleansers were the stars in 2013.
· Art Inspired Eyes: Beauty companies took an artistic cue by using tints, washes and pigments in their eye formulas in 2013.
· All About CC: CC Creams upped the ante in the alphabet soup of skin care with new tints, sticks and sprays.
· Color Returns to Lipcolor: Glosses and shines were overpowered by deep lip hues with rich, buildable staying power.
· Professional Lines: Products from industry experts are on an upswing, fueled by consumers seeking credibility from their beauty formulas. “Professionals” range from brands by doctors to items by beauty veterans.