All Posts Tagged With: "Kaz Amor"
Kaz Amor On MTV Hired
Kaz Amor the talented celebrity colorist & partner at the Warren-Tricomi Los Angeles salon who I met in LA backstage during LA Fashion Week and who I got to interview back in 2008 is on MTV Hired. Kaz is the sweetest guy. When we met he invited me to the Warren-Tricomi Melrose Place in West Hollywood location to color my hair the next morning.
Watch Kaz Amor on MTV Hired. Starting Tuesday June 1st, 2010, MTV Hired will air at 4pm daily.
I thought to re-publish my interview with Kaz Amor which then was published in Talking Makeup’s celebrity beauty interviews section www.beautyinterviews.com
In this interview Kaz talks about how he got into hair design, meeting Joel Warren on a flight and their partnership, working with Prince, and what it takes to maintain a long term success as a hair stylist.
Marta Walsh: When did your interest in hair design begin?
Kaz Amor: I was at a party for Julie Chrisy in London and my friend that took me there was a hairdresser. That was my first introduction to the world of hair.
Top 10 Celebrity Hair Stylist Tips
Talking Makeup’s Top 10 celebrity hair stylist tips:
1. “I always use the same brushes: Mason Pearson for detangling and blowing out bangs and Spornett mixed bristle round brushes for blowouts. The mixed bristles grip the hair and create enough tension to get the hair really smooth without pulling on the hair”-Mark Townsend.
2. “There are so many to choose from now days so make sure you understand your hair type, etc. Do you have fine hair or thick hair or kinky hair….this makes a big difference in what shampoo and conditioner would be right for you. Fekkai has a very wide range of shampoos and conditioners that I love that would fit almost all hair-types out there…. Experiment till you find the one that makes your hair soft and shiny without leaving too much residue or buildup on your hair”-Adir Abergel.
3. “It is always important to apply strong volumizer on the roots to achieve a full and glamorous base. Polished, soft and natural curls always add to a glamorous look the without appearing too overdone. A good tip to make the hair fall glamorously around the face is to line the hair in proportion with the cheekbones. This tip emphasizes the beauty and the overall effect of the hairstyle”-Oscar Blandi.
4. “Moisture”-Jamal Hammadi.
5. “My number one hair care tip is: invest in good hair products and visit your hairstylist frequently. Don’t be afraid of asking your hairstylist questions – that is part of their craft”-Omar Lopez.
6. “The Cutler Fly-Away Control Stick is definitely a must-have. It’s easy to travel with and great to pull out to add shine and bring down fly-aways. Another great product is Redken’s Workforce 09 hairspray it’s lightweight and adds shine”-Rodney Cutler.
7. “Texture hair is always in need of moisture, conditioning, and a good stylist who understands their hair type. Most stylists are not trained to understand our hair, so a lot of Caucasian stylist will turn them away”-Kiyah Wright.
8. “The biggest mistake people make is going to the salon when they are emotional. It is important to explain to your stylist your lifestyle whether it is work, family or friends”-Kaz Amor.
9. “I cannot live without Vavoom Gold Heat Iron-In Control Protective Dry Mist! This is the product I used to create Reese’s straight, sleek, shiny hair for the Globes. You spray the hair with this, then run a flat iron over the hair and it seals the hair and fights against humidity”-Mark Townsend.
10. ” I love to use jasmine oil on my clients because I am usually working under fast turn around so it is easy enough for women to use it every day”-Oscar Blandi.
via: Beauty Interviews.