Kendall Jenner at Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2016. Hair Created by Paul Hanlon for Pai-Shau.
The Designer Inspiration
Mad for Modigliani. Glorious Giacometti. Long. Lean. Lithe.
The Hair Look
The Vera Wang Fall/Winter 2016 hair design was created by runway stylist Paul Hanlon for Pai-Shau. Inspired by the collections’ rich textures, long, lean lines and strong hues, this season’s looks emphasized clean-looking, sculptural styles artfully tucked inside high necklines. Fine, hidden side braids were made behind the ear to detail the airy looks and peek through as the hair moves. Hanlon followed the models’ own, natural hair partings for each look.
“It’s about the idea of a smaller rounded look: not pinned or sleeked, but with the hair emerging from an elongated design silhouette,” said Hanlon. “These looks are quite youthful and very pure. It’s all about healthy condition, rounded lines and hair that’s not at all over-styled.”
“Our key product for this look was Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex antioxidants. I used it on both damp and dry hair for a luminous shine and to smooth texture, but in a new, much lighter way. As a result, the hair looks fresh, since it can move freely. In fact, you can’t tell there’s anything in it.”
How the Look Was Created
Shampoo and Condition with Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser and Pai-Shau Replenishing Cream Conditioner. Apply Pai-Shau Supreme Revitalizing Mask for five minutes, to create healthy, bouncy hair without weight.
- · Apply Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion, with Signature Exotic Tea Complex on wet hair to prime, smooth and protect the hair. Make sure to shake really well before applying, in order to activate its binary layers. Blow-dry the hair until it is about halfway dry.
- Apply Pai-Shau Style Soufflé mid-length to ends for soft, sculptural volume and to retain the hair’s hydration.
- Dry naturally, using hands only, without a brush.
- Once the hair is dry, apply a touch of Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion on the ends to smooth and hydrate, then blow dry the ends with a round brush.
- · Take a two-inch section behind the ear and make a small braid, slightly past the hairline, then repeat on the opposite side. Though braids do not need to be identical on each side, they should be the same size.
- · Use Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray throughout to add texture and hold the braid.
- Let the hair fall naturally, place the braid behind the ear, and tie the hair at the nape with a silicone elastic band to keep the shape in place. Then place the ends under a jacket or top.
- · To finish, freely spray with Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray for flexible, moveable and natural looking hold.
Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion is an innovative ultra-lightweight rejuvenating multipurpose primer for every hair type that contains the highest concentration of Pai-Shau’s Signature Exotic Tea Complex, washes out easily and will not build up on the hair. Advanced binary delivery technology ensures greater potency and nourishes the hair’s structure inside and out, attracting moisture and then locking it inside the cuticle. Fortified with antioxidants and amino acids, Biphasic Infusion surrounds hair with a sheer veil of shielding properties known to provide thermal and environmental protection. (MSRP: $45.00 / 4 fl. oz.)
Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray provides flexible hold for soft, natural looks, beachy waves, or tousled styles without artificial-looking stiffness, flaking, or weight. Alcohol-free, it works on all hair types and textures, as well as color treated, delicate relaxed or texturized hair. (MSRP: $29.50 / 14 oz.)
Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray gives strong hold for updos, chignons, and more structured looks for truly moveable, touchable styles without artificial-looking stiffness, flaking, or weight. Alcohol-free, Pai-Shau Sublime Hold Hairspray work on all hair types and textures, as well as color treated, delicate relaxed or texturized hair. (MSRP: $29.50 / 14 oz.)
Pai-Shau Style Souffle: An airy, lightweight styler with nourishing, weightless oils and reparative extracts that gives superb control and manageability. Formulated for all hair types and textures, Style Soufflé is infused with antioxidants to retain moisture during the styling process and maintaining the integrity of the hair. Gives volume and memory to styles while leaving hair soft and supple. (MSRP: $32.00 / 8.4 fl. oz.)
Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser: Replenishing Hair Cleanser combines a unique blend of amino acids and essential vitamins and minerals with Pai-Shau’s Signature Exotic Tea Complex for an antioxidant-rich intensely-hydrating formula, Replenishing Hair Cleanser protects hair from environmental stressors while restoring natural vitality and shine. (MSRP: $26.00 / 8.4 fl. oz.)
Pai-Shau Replenishing Cream Conditioner: Designed to rehydrate dry, lifeless hair while replenishing its natural sheen, Replenishing Cream Conditioner contains a proprietary emollient blend of rice amino acids that strengthen and hydrolyzed oat proteins to calm the cuticle and restore luster. This velvety formula infuses moisture without adding weight. (MSRP: $28.00 / 8.4 fl. oz.)
Pai-Shau Supreme Revitalizing Mask: The Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask provides intense hydration and nourishment to dry, damaged hair. It contains high-performance cationic polymers that infuse moisture while adding an anti-static barrier of environmental protection. (MSRP: $43.00 / 9.5 fl. oz.)
All Pai-Shau products are free of gluten, parabens, sulfates and phosphates, with no added sodium chloride. The entire line is residue-free, animal cruelty-free and vegan friendly.