PURPOSE, A Proud Sponsor of the 43rd ACM Awards Celeb Gossip. ACM Awards stands for Academy of Country Music Awards.
PURPOSE® is proud to be an official sponsor of the 43rd ANNUAL academy of country music® awards, honoring country music’s top talent as well as the industry’s hottest emerging talent. The event took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 18th, 2008!
At the ACM Awards rehearsal, PURPOSE® spoke to the presenters, nominated entertainers and special VIPs about the entire PURPOSE® line of products and how PURPOSE® can help them keep their skin looking and feeling healthy. Also making an appearance at the ACM Awards gift lounge was the long-time PURPOSE® user, country music fan, and star of “GENERAL HOSPITAL,” Rebecca Herbst.
FAST FACTS ON THIS YEAR’S AWARDS:
Lady Antebellum, Jack Ingram and Jason Alexander each won their first-ever ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS!
- Lady Antebellum won for Top New Duo or Vocal Group
- Ingram won for Top New Male Vocalist
- Alexander won for Video of the Year (for Brad Paisley’s “Online”)
Rebecca Herbst (PURPOSE Spokesperson) and Jake Owen.
Since you couldn’t be at the awards yourself, we’d love to share a little backstage gossip with you! Here are the juicy tidbits:
- Sarah Buxton, formerly of “The Bold and the Beautiful,” and current singer, confessed to using Purpose when she was younger. She started using the Gentle Cleansing Bar when she was 12!
- Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum was very familiar with Purpose – his girlfriend got him using the Dual Treatment Moisturizer with SPF 15 five years ago, and he continues to do so now
- Kimberley Schlapman from Little Big Town was excited to see Purpose at the ACMAs Backstage Creations Gift Retreat. She confessed to using the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash for a long time. Her grandmother worked for Johnson & Johnson (who owns Purpose!) and recommended it to her when she was younger
- Jake Owen was not shy to admit he has been using the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash since he was 15 – his mom brought it home for him and he’s been using is ever since! He recounted a story about his problem skin when he was younger, noting he couldn’t believe his date went to homecoming with him with the way his skin looked. The cleanser has helped keep his skin looking and feeling healthier!
- Actress Kayley Cuoco was ecstatic to see Purpose, she said it was one of the first skincare brands she used because it was so gentle on her skin. Her dermatologist recommended the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash for her sensitive skin, she’s been using it ever since
- Luke Bryan declared he uses the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, noting that he uses everything his wife puts in the shower, including this gentle cleanser
- Poppy Montgomery, from “Without a Trace,” was excited to hear about the Purpose products – she raved that she loves skincare shortly before going to present with Chris Angel at the show.
- James Otto stopped by the Purpose area in the Backstage Creations Retreat following the Celebrity Motorcycle Ride in Las Vegas. He mentioned that he is careful to take care of his skin, noting he wore an SPF of 30 during the ride to help protect his skin from the damaging UV rays
- Tracy Lawrence’s wife picked up the Purpose products for him to try on his really sensitive skin