In anticipation of the Target Kaleidoscopic Fashion Spectacular at The Standard, NY on Wednesday, August 18, 2010, Talking Makeup would like to share with you these teaser videos and fun facts – both offer a behind-the-scenes look leading up to Wednesday’s larger-than-life Target Fashion Spectacular. You can join them at www.Target.com/Spectacular to view the live streaming video of the event.
New York Needs Something Spectacular. Hmmm… Seems like a few New Yorkers could use a little inspiration.
Sonia Kashuk, renowned makeup artist and expert, has a thought or two on this. See how she plans to make each model within this spectacular style event feel and how it will impact the overall show at The Standard on 8.18.10.
175 Rooms. Apparently someone booked the entire south side of The Standard, NYC. Who needs 175 rooms for 8.18.10 at one hotel? Something pretty spectacular must be happening.
Why is this guy looking up? Must be pretty interesting ’cause even the hot girl in front of him can’t keep his attention.
Original Score by Sam Spiegel. The Target Kaleidoscopic Fashion Spectacular event. Sounds like 8.18.10 at The Standard, NYC, will be a fabulous night… whatever it is.
The Target Kaleidoscopic Fashion Spectacular will bring 155 rooms on the southern façade of The Standard, New York alive on August 18, 2010.
· Following nine days of dance rehearsals on a 20,000 square foot rehearsal stage, 66 dancers will perform dazzling choreography at the show.
· 156 LED lights and a warehouse-sized building’s worth of fiber optic cable will be used to create fast-paced lighting patterns.
· The show will be set to one original musical score by Sam Spiegel, recorded with a 30 piece orchestra, 10-member chorus and traditional drummers at the legendary Capitol Studios, best known as the home of Frank Sinatra.
· Spectators in New York who are close enough to see the southern façade of The Standard, New York but not hear the musical score will be able to dial 866-500-5046 to listen.
· 1,500 pairs of special Target-branded binoculars will be distributed to spectators.
· Stylist Mel Ottenberg will use 60 racks of fall clothing from six Target collections including Mossimo® , Merona®, Converse® One Star®, Xhilaration®, Pure Energy and Liz Lange for Target® to create the looks.