Jen Atkin Styles ‘Mad Men’ Actress Christina Hendricks for the 2011 Golden Globes.
On Sunday, January 16, 2011 Hollywood’s elite descended on the red carpet at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA for the 68th Annual Golden Globes awards. Christina Hendricks, best known for her role as the sexy secretary Joan Harris in hit drama, Mad Men, rocked a Romona Keveza gown and bouncy curls courtesy of stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional.
“Her dress had a rich vintage feel to it and this gorgeous accent on the shoulder that resembled a flower. Instead of putting her hair up, we opted to give it a modern twist and keep the hair bouncy and down,” says stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional. “This style is great for cocktail parties, or to dress up a look.”
To achieve Christina’s modern take on a vintage 70’s-inspired ‘do, follow Jen’s tips:
1. Begin by applying Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte at the roots on damp hair.
2. Next, blowdry the hair using a Mason Pearson brush with your head upside down. Once hair is 75 percent dry, flip your head back over and curl the ends under using a round brush.
3. Spray Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray all over the hair, and brush it through to create a base to hold the waves.
4. Using a 1″ curling iron, wrap 1″ sections in a clockwise direction and pin the curls. Once the curls are set, let it cool for 15 minutes (cool for 5-10 minutes if you have thick hair).
5. Unpin the hair and brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush. Set the part and stretch out the bangs using a flat iron to get a smoother look toward the front of your face.
6. Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray.
For more information on Sebastian Professional please visit: www.sebastianprofessional.com.