NARS created the look for the Creatures Of The Wind presentation SS 2012 during New York Fashion Week. LEAD ARTIST: James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry. TREND: Pastel eyes with glowing skin.
Backstage at Creatures Of The Wind for Spring 2012
DESIGNER INSPIRATION: “We had in our minds this idea of moving objects coming to life,” said designers Shane Gabier and Chris Peters. “It’s quite psychedelic, a little triply with the acid greens and purples.”
LOOK: “We didn’t want to see the makeup before seeing the clothes but still wanted a strong look,” said James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry. “It’s very chalky and very 90’s. To balance the chalkiness in the eyes, we gave a luminosity to the cheekbones.”
How to get the makeup look…
· Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – new for Spring 2012; for a similar affect try a light application of Sheer Glow Foundation
· Bilbao Lipstick – new for Spring 2012; for a similar affect try Belle de Jour Lipstick
· Pastel blue created specifically for this look and not yet available – for a similar affect, try Heart Of Glass Single Eyeshadow
· Bolero Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
· Tashkent Pure Matte Lipstick
All products, except where noted, are available at narscosmetics.com.