Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend’s Holiday Hair Tips & Tricks. Happy Holiday season to you!
Tip 1: Braids are all the rage these days, so try a festive fishtail for this year’s family holiday party! Keep it simple and sophisticated, or pull some pieces out around your face and loosen the braid for a more laid back look.
· Part dry hair to one side and gather in front of the shoulder; create two even sections.
· Begin the braid by taking a small piece of hair from the outside of the first section, crossing it over and adding to the inside of the opposite section.
· Continue until the braid is complete and secure with an elastic.
*Bonus Tip! For next-day texture, remove the braid and shake hair out. Apply Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo to roots and lengths to absorb oil and refresh and revive hair
Tip 2: A textured bun is a great alternative to the side chignon, and an elegant yet fun look for your holiday office party. Take the look from the office to the after party by adding a touch of sparkle with a beautiful holiday hairpin!
· Take small sections of dry hair, beginning at the hairline, and twist upward – continue picking up hair as you go until you reach the back of the head.
· Secure each twist with a bobby pin and repeat 4-5 times.
· Gather the remaining hair and blend it with the twists, twisting all of the hair into a loose bun – secure with additional pins as needed.
· Finish with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep the style in place all day!
Tip 3: All it takes is one good hair day (or night) to send your confidence through the roof, so start the New Year off right with a timeless style and own the night with a shiny, voluminous blowout!
· Towel-dry clean hair and spray Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray directly on roots.
· Separate into 2-3 sections and blow dry using a large round brush, lifting each section at the root to create volume.
· Once dry, wrap each section around 3 fingers creating a barrel roll; secure at the root with a pin.
· Once head is set, remove the pins and add 1-2 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment from mid-length through the ends.
· Finish your look off with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to ensure that your gorgeous hair lasts well past midnight!
Tip 4: If soiree season has you strapped for time, opt for a trendy top knot for a sleek and sophisticated look!
· Apply 1-2 drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to damp lengths and ends; blow dry and gather into a high, tight ponytail at the crown.
· With another small drop of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment on fingertips, braid the ponytail and secure with an elastic.
· Wrap the braid around the base of the ponytail, tucking the end underneath to create the “knot;” secure with a bobby pin.
· Finish with Dove Style + Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to hold the style in place.
*Bonus Tip! Spray hairspray on a reusable mascara wand and use it to smooth down any flyaway hairs, especially around the ears and at the nape of the neck.