All Posts Tagged With: "Dove"
When it comes to beauty, much has changed – from hairstyles to make-up, from one definition of beauty to many. But as much as beauty has changed, some of the beauty essentials are as relevant now as they were half a century ago. This month, Dove will celebrate the 60th anniversary of its iconic Dove Beauty Bar, which has provided the same superior care and beauty benefits to women for generations.
Maybe 2016 was the year that you forgot to apply sunscreen daily, fell asleep with your makeup on more than a few times, or sat around in those sweaty gym leggings for a bit too long. If we learned one thing this year, it is that skin is in – and I don’t just mean the skin on your face. In 2017, take the pledge to care for your skin from head to toe with Dove!
What a week for Bella Hadid! She worked the catwalk during Riri’s fashion show, and now she’s rocking the red carpet at tonight’s 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards on the arm of nominee, The Weeknd. Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend is responsible for her gorgeous hairstyle this evening.
“For Bella Hadid’s Grammy Awards look, we knew we wanted to go chic and sleek. We decided to keep her hair off of her face, and go for a bone straight moment with tons of shine. Here’s how:
Sometimes you just need to stick to the basics. Did you know that the #1 cleansing bar recommended by dermatologists is Dove Beauty Bar.
Dove Beauty Bar is not a soap and provide beauty benefits; ordinary soap does not. The Dove Beauty Bar contains Dove signature ¼ moisturizing cream combined with DEFI technology, a unique blend of mild cleansers and moisturizers, to effectively cleanse and nourish skin. Dove Beauty Bars are available nationwide at a suggested retail price: 2 bars / $3.79
Textured updos were on Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend’s mind during the Toronto International Film Festival, where Elizabeth Olsen and Dakota Johnson premiered their latest blockbusters for fall – “I Saw The Light” and “Black Mass”.
“For the ‘I Saw The Light’ premiere, Elizabeth and I talked about doing an up-do and we wanted to keep it chic and not too overdone. Textured up styles are such a huge trend because the hair is away from the face but still has a style to it.” – Mark
Get the Look!
Start by placing a few drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil on damp hair and comb it through. I’m obsessed with this oil because it nourishes the hair from the inside and then seals the cuticle for smooth, silky hair. It never weighs the hair down!
Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend’s Holiday Hair Tips & Tricks. Happy Holiday season to you!
Tip 1: Braids are all the rage these days, so try a festive fishtail for this year’s family holiday party! Keep it simple and sophisticated, or pull some pieces out around your face and loosen the braid for a more laid back look.
· Part dry hair to one side and gather in front of the shoulder; create two even sections.
· Begin the braid by taking a small piece of hair from the outside of the first section, crossing it over and adding to the inside of the opposite section.
· Continue until the braid is complete and secure with an elastic.
*Bonus Tip! For next-day texture, remove the braid and shake hair out. Apply Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo to roots and lengths to absorb oil and refresh and revive hair
The NEW Dove Advanced Care Deodorant is another star product from the Dove family. Think of it as ‘skincare for your underarms’. They come in different scents, such as: Rebalance (plum and sakura blossom) or NEW Carin Coconut (light coconut scent with jasmine floral notes) but I prefer the unscented version because I’m and unscented kinda girl (the only think that should smell is your actual perfume, not skincare products. It goes on the skin smoothly without pulling or irritating just a silky body cream. What I get is smoother underarms and 48 hour odor and wetness protection. 2.6 oz. $4.99 – $6.49.
The Game of Thrones premiere is minutes away from starting and Dove’s celebrity stylist Mark Townsend styled the tresses of the lovely Lena Headey for the red carpet premiere this evening in New York. Be sure to check out Mark’s Instagram (@MarkTownsend1) for a behind-the-scenes look.
“For the Game of Thrones premiere it was all about relaxed glamour for Lena Headey. I loved her Jenny Packham dress and felt it was very pretty yet edgy so I wanted her hair to have the same feeling.” – Mark Townsend
The look was easily created using two Dove Hair products:
1) Dove Oxygen Moisture Leave In Foam to give a natural voluminous wave
2) Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to make the hair supple and reflective
See below for how to get the look in three easy steps:
1. I started by applying a large dollop of Dove Oxygen Moisture Leave In Foam to her damp hair and scrunched it dry with my hands and the diffuser on the blowdryer. I love keeping as much of Lena’s natural wave in the hair and this foam doesn’t weigh the hair down or get crunchy and it gives the hair tons of volume.
2. Next, I gave her a deep side part and sprayed Sally Hershberger salon Texture Blast Spray all over to give the hair great texture and light hold and then braided one side of the hair and laid the braid on top of the hair at the back and then tucked the end if the braid under the hair. I think the braid sitting on top of that heavily textured bob that makes this look so modern and fresh.
3. I finished by taking a few drops of the Dove Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment through her hair for lots of shine.