The Event: EXPRESS celebrated its 30th anniversary of fashion with Vogue at the Eyebeam Studio with a fashion show and live performance by VV Brown, Thursday, May 20, 2010. The event was hosted by: Chanel Iman, Caroline Trentini, Elettra Weidemann & Ed Westwick.
Express Fashion Show. Hair Color/Style: Ricardo Rojas for Wella Color Charm
Runway models showcased Express’ hottest looks of the season and glamorous look to complement the trend. Celebrity stylist Ricardo Rojas added the finishing touches, styling the models’ and VV Browns’ show stopping locks with Wella Color Charm haircolor and Wella System Professional styling products.
The Hairstyle: Celebrity stylist Ricardo Rojas explored the show’s nod to the 1980’s and developed a hair look to complement the theme. He looked to express the natural, pure beauty of the decade with long, straight tresses and hand-colored extensions to enhance fullness and length. Ricardo completed the style with a center part and a few face-framing waves.
The Hair Color Story:
Celebrity stylist Ricardo Rojas relied on long, single-processed hair to create the 1980’s-inspired au natural style. For models whose tresses did not quite measure up, Ricardo added natural extensions which he hand-dyed to ensure a flawless color match. Seeking to evoke pure beauty, Ricardo relied on Wella Color Charm, an industry-trusted and preferred haircolor brand, to bestow only the most natural of shades. Ricardo used Wella Color Charm in 4N, a stunning medium natural brown, for adding length to the brunette beauties, and 8N, a light blonde, for the fair-haired models. Wella Color Charm liquid hair color is available in 75 exceptional shades to encourage creativity and endless opportunity, and to provide the ultimate in rich, dimensional color. Ricardo depends on nothing less than Wella Color Charm when showcasing his artistic ability on the runway.
Step-by-Step Styling: Hair Tutorial
1. Place Wella Color Charm colored hair pieces within sections of natural hair so that the extensions blend seamlessly.
2. Apply System Professional Polish Cream to damp hair before blow drying for achieving the perfect blow-out.
Separate hair into sections and blow dry straight for a smooth, sleek look, and follow with a second round of System Professional Polish Cream for even greater polish.
4. Spray System Professional Ultimation hair spray to tresses for added texture and shine to set the style.
5. For finishing touches, add a dab of System Professional Pearl Smooth to create healthy-looking, youthful style.
Hot Products: Provided by System Professional
· System Professional Ultimation: Strong-hold hairspray with long-lasting hold and maximum shine (SRP: $18)
· System Professional Polish Cream: Provides intense shine and control without added weight (SRP: $16)
· System Professional Pearl Smooth: Delivers a cozy, soft and sensual demi-shine (SRP: $28)
Visit www.wellausa.com for additional product details.