Paris Fashion Week SS 2011. At Emanuel Ungaro, the looks was a wet, high shine, small head with a braided headband, inspired by a German/Austrian girl who has grown up, someone who would have been the muse of the German-Austrian acclaimed photographer Helmut Newton.
Photos by Matt Lever for Redken
“The designer is an old friend and it’s his first time designing for this house so it’s a pleasure to be here. For the hair style, we decided on a Heidi inspired braided headband look. There is something very innocent about this style, but once the girls have their makeup done with dark lips, she turns into this very sexy, decadent, Helmut Newton woman.” –Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
-hardwear 16 super strong gel
-glass 01 smoothing serum
How To Create The Hairstyle:
– With a water spray bottle, damp hair all the way through
– Create a center part all the way down the hair
– Layer in hardware gel so each level of hair is saturated
– Pull hair into two low pigtails (very clean, done with a comb)
– If the woman’s hair is 3 inches or more past the shoulder, braid pigtails and secure with an elastic. Wrap a piece of hair around the elastic so it’s hidden (if hair is shorter, wrap the pigtail with an extension for length). Wrap a piece of hair around the elastic so it’s hidden).
– Wrap each braided pigtail on top of the head to create a headband and secure with pins.
– Finish by applying glass 01 smoothing serum all over the head for that high shine, wet look.