Show Skin Some Natural Love With St. Ives
With the most romantic day of the year approaching, Valentine’s Day that is, it’s time to prepare your skin and get it smooth and silky to-the-touch by treating it to some natural love! Thanks to St. Ives Consulting Dermatologist’s Dr. Marsha Gordon skincare tips and the Whipped Silk line from St. Ives, you might have a chance to get the skin you want!
“Incorporating products with natural emollients into your daily skin care regimen is an easy and effective way to promote healthy, radiant, kiss-worthy skin,” says St. Ives Consulting Dermatologist Dr. Marsha Gordon.
Dr. Gordon’s at-home skincare tips:
1. Gently cleanse skin in-shower with a hydrating body wash, like St. Ives Luxurious Whipped Silk Body Wash ($3.99 for 18 fl oz. bottle). With a lavish lather and natural moisturizing ingredients, this rich body wash leaves skin feeling silky smooth.
2. Apply a moisturizer to your body in the morning and evening, paying special attention to dry-prone areas like the knees and elbows. St. Ives Softening Whipped Silk Advanced Body Moisturizer ($4.99 for 18 fl oz. pump), formulated with Silk Proteins and emollients, offers an indulgent, soft, light-textured cream that glides on easily and absorbs quickly without a greasy feel.
3. Avoid long, steamy showers as these can dry out your skin.
4. Drink eight glasses of water per day.
5. Use a humidifier.
6. Eat foods high in Vitamins A, B, C and E.