New York Fashion Week. Erin Fetherston Autumn/Winter 2010 Collection hair looks created by Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil. The Look and Inspiration: Erin Fetherston’s Autumn/Winter 2010 collection takes inspiration from iconic Chelsea Girl, Nico (Velvet Underground).
L to R: Fashion designer Erin Fetherston and model backstage at the Erin Fetherston Autumn/Winter 2010 Fashion Show during New York Fashion Week back in February 2010
The Hair Design: “I love this inspiration,” said Odile. “It’s very 70’s New York rock and roll, yet chic and modern. The hair looks beautiful. It’s straight in a natural way, full of body, and shimmering with silky shine. All these Nico (Velvet Underground & Nico) inspired looks have long dramatic bangs that just barely touch the eyebrows and are longer at the sides. In fact, this modern edgy style is identical to the look that Erin Fetherston wears herself.
Fetherston references the singer’s bohemian style in a collection that balances soft romantic dresses with rock’n’roll tailoring, for the poetess at heart. Silhouettes range from long, flowing chiffon dresses to swinging, thigh-skimming shifts. Fetherston works with a dreamy palette of lilac, nude and sage, grounded by a landscape of bold black and white accented with shades of vivid orange. Fabrics include lace, chiffon, leather and velvet intertwined to create clothing with lighter-than-air feeling for a woman with a bit of edge.
How to create the look: Hair Tutorial
1. Odile first blow dried hair smooth using Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream for soft, smooth, frizz-free hold, and silky shine. “It was important that the hair looked natural, not flat, said Odile. “I really like Moroccanoil products because they not only offer beautiful styling results but also work as a double-system to strengthen and condition simultaneously.”
2. She next applied long (human hair) bang extensions, trimmed them to a length slightly touching the eyebrows and layered them longer at the sides to merge into the rest of the hair.
3. Odile used a round Moroccanoil Ionic Ceramic Brush to blow dry the bangs into a more rounded natural-looking look.
4. Odile applied Moroccanoil Treatment to the tips of the hair, including the bangs to smooth, condition and define the ends.
5. She completed the look with argan oil-infused Moroccanoil Luminous Hair Spray. “This product is very good — perfect!” said Odile. “It gives a strong hold without stiffness, buildup or weight, which was especially important for this look since we wanted it to seem as if there was nothing at all in the hair. The shape, natural-looking texture, and beautiful shine were essential elements.”
6. To finish, she lightly misted Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray from a distance to create an invisible veil of light, natural-looking and long-lasting shine
Moroccanoil luxury professional argan oil‐infused products are sold exclusively in fine salons and spas worldwide (www.moroccanoil.com).