Frederic Fekkai Melrose Place Salon’s stylist, Johnny Wright, reveals his summer hair trends for 2008.
Celebrity Hairstylist-Johnny Wright.
From television’s small screen to the catwalks of high fashion, Johnny Wright has helped create ultra-sleek, trendsetting hairstyles for entertainment’s most stylist celebrities. Johnny was quickly catapulted into the high fashion world of hair artistry and became one of the most sought after names in the African American editorial world. Now with over seventeen years of experience with hair, Johnny has built a celebrity clientele that includes the likes of Anita Baker, Vivica A. Fox, Vanessa Williams, Selita Ebanks and Michelle Obama.
Bangs-Sported by Katie Holmes.
Johnny Wright says “Bangs are still going strong! The bang has been matched with several styles and cuts such as the bob, whether it be short, long, razored or blunt. It’s a great way for a woman to express sex appeal and individuality at the same time to create modern, fresh new looks for the summer.”
How To Wear Bangs This Summer?
Johnny says anyone can wear bangs and is about the individual expression. The summer trend is keeping them fresh and new from the winter season. For the summer:
1. Pair choppy bangs with trendy, fun cuts such as the bob.
2. Style wispy bangs with long soft layers that frame your face.
3. Put any kind of bangs with a simple ponytail for a clean, sleek look.
Products that work best for styling bangs is anything from the Fekkai Coiff line:
1. Perfecteur Anti-Frizz Silkening Crème.
2. Contrôle Ironless Straightening Balm.
3. Magnifique Ultra-Light Finishing Crème.
The entire Fekkai Coiff line is catered to all hair types whether it is long or short. Also, Johnny says the Fekkai Technician Glaze is a must for bangs! It gives your hair a nice sheen without weighing the hair down.
Johnny on how to cut bangs for the first time:
1. Be open to new ideas and lengths.
2. If you are not prepared for the full blunt bang, cut a longer bangs with soft movement.
3. Those who are ready for the blunt style, cut no shorter than the bottom of the eyebrows.
Now for the hard part….maintenance. How to maintain your bangs looking as though you just stepped out of the salon? Johnny tells his clients to come back for a trim every 2-3 weeks and for longer hair, 3-4 weeks. Also, there is no need to schedule an appointment for a trim, stop by Frederic Fekkai Melrose Place Salon anytime.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the Author
I am one of the top fashion and beauty bloggers in the world also a Luxury Paradise Valley and Scottsdale REALTOR with Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty.