At yesterday’s Yves Saint Laurent show in Paris, Redken Creative Consultant Guido was backstage working his magic to put the finishing touches to the overall look of the designers’ Fall/Winter 2010 collection.
Find out the must-have products and inspiration for the Yves Saint Laurent show hairstyle in Paris!
The hairstyle and inspiration: Inspired by the refined, modern, elegant and bourgeois French woman, Guido created a stylized, sophisticated chignon with lacquered look around the front hair line. “At Yves Saint Laurent, we took a classic chignon and modernized it for this house; the key was using Redken hardwear 16 super strong gel along the hairline to give it that lacquered effect.” -Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken hardwear 16 super strong gel
Redken forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Hair Tutorial: How To Get The Hairdo
1. Pull hair into low ponytail, keeping the sides smooth
2. Wrap the hair in upon itself to create a flat chignon
3. Secure with pins and forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to hold
4. Along the front portion of the hairline, apply hardwear 16 super strong gel from the hairline to about 3 inches back
5. Finish with forceful 23 to create a very sophisticated, lacquered style