Wondering how to achieve the award show looks seen at the 60th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards? PureOlogy’s PureArtist’s, Angel del Solar, Wendy Belanger, Darren Pena, Mary Katherine Hecht and Sherilynn Smart have the latest hair trends and tips to create the Emmy award show looks at home.
The top three trends as seen on the red carpet:
1. Timeless waves as seen on Kyra Sedgwick, Terry Hatcher, and Brooke Shields.
2. Classic Chignon as see on Hayden Panettiere, Christina Applegate and Lauren Conrad.
3. The low ponytail or bun worn by Julia Louis Dreyfus, Heidi Klum, and Marcia Cross.
Julia Louis Dreyfus.
How to achieve the Timeless Waves look with PureOlogy:
1. Prepare the hair with PureOlogy HydrateShampoo and Condition to give hair the moisture it needs.
2. Cocktail NanoGlaze and StylingLotion together and apply to damp hair for control and shine.
3. NanoGlaze’s humidity resistant properties and shine enhancement in combination with StylingLotion’s medium hold power and shine enhancement gives the perfect combination to blow dry the hair for maximum control.
4. Begin blow drying hair with a medium to large round brush, directing hair away from the face.
Once the hair is dry, take 1 ½” or 2″ vertical section and apply InCharge FlexibleStylingSpray. Use either a 1″ or 1 ½” curling iron (depending on if you want larger or tighter curls). Continue taking vertical sections and spray each section with InCharge FlexibleStylingSpray before curling.
5. Pin each curl with a single prong metal clip.
6. Let hair curl for 20 minutes and remove pins. Cocktail ShineLuxe and NanoWax together and finger comb through hair to create beautiful waves.
7. For a smoother look on top with wave more toward the bottom, (like Tina Fey) use a cushion paddle brush through the top to create smoothness. Finish up with a final setting of InCharge FlexibleStylingSpray for a touchable feel and GlossingMist for more shine.
How to achieve the Classic Chignon look with PureOlogy:
1. Prepare the hair with NanoWorks Luxury Shampoo and Condition for maximum shine, health, and manageability.
2. Next apply a cocktail of PowerDressing and ShineMax to wet hair for light hold and incredible shine. Blow dry from roots to end with a large paddle brush to give a nice straight blow dry.
3. Once hair is dry, apply DryShine throughout the hair for control and shine. Using a soft cushioned brush, pull all hair back into a low Ponytail and secure with elastic.
4. To achieve a fuller crown, back brush hair at the crown area with a small teasing brush before pulling hair into a low ponytail.
5. Brush the ponytail smooth and wrap it around itself and secure with bobby pins.
6. Finish off with InChargePlus FirmFinishingSpray for super hold and GlossingMist for shine. Leave a few pieces out around the face to soften the look, like Hayden Panettiere and curl them after lightly misting hair with SuperSmooth Hot Iron Protection Spray for a long lasting look.
How to achieve the Low Ponytail look with PureOlogy:
1. Cocktail PowerDressing and NanoGlaze and apply to damp hair, blow dry hair smooth.
2. Create a center or side part and apply InCharge FlexibleStylingSpray all over. Pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck or off to the side.
3. Finish ends with a small amount of ShineLuxe.