All Posts Tagged With: "Faux Bob"
Lela Rose 2011 Resort Presentation
Hair & Makeup: Get the look from the gorgeous Lela Rose 2011 Resort Presentation with Beauty.com. Michael Shaun Corby for Alterna (hair) and Napoleon Perdis (makeup) helped beautify the presentation with a coral lip, peachy/nude eyes and a casual faux bob.
Hair Care products used at Lela Rose 2011 Resort Presentation:
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Rapid Repair Spray
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hair Spray
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo
Hair Trends: 40s Inspired Faux Bob
New York Fashion Week Spring 2010 Hair Trends Report:
Designer: Costello Tagliapietra Spring 2010 Collection
Hair by: Sebastian Professional
Hair Trend: 40s inspired faux bob.
Inspiration: Costello Tagliapietra’s Spring ’10 beauty look is a seamless combination of elegance, youthfulness, natural beauty and romance. The hair, both feminine and fresh, is loosely inspired by the traditional roll style from the ‘40s with soft curls that sit just above the shoulder.
To put a modern twist on a ‘40s staple, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin recommends a method of building texture and shape with techniques that keep the hair looking soft, romantic and not too “done.” Finish with an elastic touchable texturizer or flexible shine spray to create a look that’s elegant yet playful. Here’s how to create your own ‘40s inspired faux bob:
1) Apply Sebastian Professional Texturizer to damp hair; distribute evenly throughout.
2) Blow hair out straight with a medium to large-sized round brush.
3) Spray hair with a flexible hairspray for added texture, section hair, curl it with a medium-sized barrel curling iron and set.
4) Take out pins, gently brush out the curls and then roll hair under, section by section, fastening it under at the neck with bobby pins.
5) Apply Microweb Fiber to hands and gently work through the front of the hair to create an imperfect, lived-in effect. Finish by misting with a strong-hold hairspray.