All Posts Tagged With: "Omar Lopez"
ghd Runway Report:Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2010
Thanks to ghd, Talking Makeup is excited to give you a sneak peek to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2010 in Miami!
CRYSTAL JIN: Hair lead: Jodi Aucoin for ghd
“The Classic Bohemian Beauty”
The Look: Crystal Jin never could find styles, colors and fabrics which matched with her personal taste and as a result has created her luxurious swimwear line out of necessity and her outdoor roots. The stunning 2010 collection reflects the classic bohemian beauty.
The ghd Way: What better way to mimic the timeless free-spirited beauty than with a modern tribute to the late Farrah Fawcett. Aucoin first prepped hair with ghd creation spray to protect models’ hair and help it retain movement after heat-styling. She then used the ghd IV styler to curl hair away from the face, echoing Farrah’s classic look. Aucoin used the root drag technique throughout most of the hair, then created root lift at the crown using the ghd IV styler.
After the curls were gently separated using fingers, Aucoin worked a couple dots of ghd polishing serum from the ends of the hair up which gave it more texture and definition. Finally, she backcombed the crown for an extra dose of volume and misted the entire look with ghd ultimate hairspray.
RED CARTER: Hair lead: Omar Lopez for ghd
“Trashy & Flashy Circa 1984”
Top 10 Celebrity Hair Stylist Tips
Talking Makeup’s Top 10 celebrity hair stylist tips:
1. “I always use the same brushes: Mason Pearson for detangling and blowing out bangs and Spornett mixed bristle round brushes for blowouts. The mixed bristles grip the hair and create enough tension to get the hair really smooth without pulling on the hair”-Mark Townsend.
2. “There are so many to choose from now days so make sure you understand your hair type, etc. Do you have fine hair or thick hair or kinky hair….this makes a big difference in what shampoo and conditioner would be right for you. Fekkai has a very wide range of shampoos and conditioners that I love that would fit almost all hair-types out there…. Experiment till you find the one that makes your hair soft and shiny without leaving too much residue or buildup on your hair”-Adir Abergel.
3. “It is always important to apply strong volumizer on the roots to achieve a full and glamorous base. Polished, soft and natural curls always add to a glamorous look the without appearing too overdone. A good tip to make the hair fall glamorously around the face is to line the hair in proportion with the cheekbones. This tip emphasizes the beauty and the overall effect of the hairstyle”-Oscar Blandi.
4. “Moisture”-Jamal Hammadi.
5. “My number one hair care tip is: invest in good hair products and visit your hairstylist frequently. Don’t be afraid of asking your hairstylist questions – that is part of their craft”-Omar Lopez.
6. “The Cutler Fly-Away Control Stick is definitely a must-have. It’s easy to travel with and great to pull out to add shine and bring down fly-aways. Another great product is Redken’s Workforce 09 hairspray it’s lightweight and adds shine”-Rodney Cutler.
7. “Texture hair is always in need of moisture, conditioning, and a good stylist who understands their hair type. Most stylists are not trained to understand our hair, so a lot of Caucasian stylist will turn them away”-Kiyah Wright.
8. “The biggest mistake people make is going to the salon when they are emotional. It is important to explain to your stylist your lifestyle whether it is work, family or friends”-Kaz Amor.
9. “I cannot live without Vavoom Gold Heat Iron-In Control Protective Dry Mist! This is the product I used to create Reese’s straight, sleek, shiny hair for the Globes. You spray the hair with this, then run a flat iron over the hair and it seals the hair and fights against humidity”-Mark Townsend.
10. ” I love to use jasmine oil on my clients because I am usually working under fast turn around so it is easy enough for women to use it every day”-Oscar Blandi.
via: Beauty Interviews.
Beauty Interviews February 2008 Edition
Beauty Interviews February 2008 Edition was just published. This month’s edition is all about celebrity hairstylists, such as: Oscar Blandi, Adir Abergel, Jamal Hammadi, and Omar Lopez. Also, read about Maite Schwartz, the beautiful star of a new web to primetime TV show: “Quarterlife” premiering on NBC February 26th. Maite shares hair beauty secrets with Marta Walsh. To read all these amazing interviews visit BeautyInterviews.com today or click here!