All Posts Tagged With: "Marcia Hamilton"
Jada Pinkett & Willow Smith Hair Diary by Celebrity Hairstylist Marcia Hamilton.
This summer Celebrity Hairstylist Marcia Hamilton traveled the world keeping the Smith Family Red Carpet ready for the Karate Kid Press Tour. Together, they traveled to 8 cities with premieres spanning over a few months. Marcia was responsible for creating various looks for both Jada Pinkett-Smith and her daughter Willow. This Mother-Daughter duo made fashion statements and fans buzzing about their looks. This includes Jada’s new “Euro Bang” and Willow’s controversial “Rock Star” Mohawk.
Inspiration: The inspiration behind the Los Angeles premiere came straight from the fashion runways displaying beautiful braids as the new accessory.
Celebrity Hairstylist Marcia Hamilton created this stunning look for Jada Pinkett Smith at the 3rd Annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon.
The Hairstyle: Braided & Textured Pony
1. Create the Braid – Make a part, starting from behind the left ear to the right ear. Then, create a deep right-side part leaving out the lesser hair. Gather the front section of hair and tease the root to create texture and volume. IT&LY Hairfashion Purity Design Pure Texture Volumizing Spray at the root area for hold. Braid the hair on the scalp from right to left all the way to the end.
Marta probably would look like a little sheep if she did her hair like Lil Mama at BET Awards 2009. However, I’m sure some of you can pull off this dramatic hairdo because you CAN! I’m SO jealous:)
Celebrity hairdresser Marcia Hamilton created a fun, fresh look for rapper Lil Mama at this years’ 2009 BET Awards in Los Angeles. To copy her red carpet style:
1. Part a heavy fringe from eyebrow to eyebrow.
2. Brush all remaining hair up and to the side, above the left eyebrow.
3. Use a Goody Elastic Band to hold hair and sweep into a side ponytail. Spray hair with David Babaii for WildAid Mise En Plis Light Hold Hairspray to smooth down fly-aways.
4. For extra volume, wrap a human hair weft around the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin.
5. For smooth curls and waves in the ponytail, use H2pro’s HC34 3/4² Ceramic Curling Iron. Taking 1 inch sections, mist with a thermal protection spray like White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold and wrap around a closed iron for perfectly polished curls.