All Posts Tagged With: "braid"
Frederic Fekkai’s Adir Abergel transformed Kristen Stewart’s hair from day to night (for her David Letterman appearance and her New York Premiere of Twilight), and collaborated with Clairol Celebrity Stylist Marie Robinson to change her hair to strawberry blonde.
Here’s how to get Kristen Stewart’s hair at the NYC Eclipse Premiere:
The Hairstyle & Inspiration: Fekkai Celebrity Stylist Adir Abergel created a soft and romantic braid for Kristen Stewart’s Premiere in New York for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
A chic braid seen at Jason Wu Resort 2011 Show with Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda.
Hair by Aveda Master Stylist Jennifer Chiminiello
Jenn Chiminiello, Master Stylist at Aveda Vandam Street Lifestyle Salon in New York City, created an updated braid using Aveda Control Force Hair Spray at the Jason Wu Resort 2011 show in New York. The Hairstyle & Inspiration: “The Jason Wu hair look for Resort 2011 is a slightly tousled, modernized braid that is both innocent and sexy. The freshness of the braid complements the romantic florals and pretty plaids in Jason’s collection.” —Jenn Chiminiello for Aveda
Celebrity Hairstylist Marcia Hamilton created this stunning look for Jada Pinkett Smith at the 3rd Annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon.
The Hairstyle: Braided & Textured Pony
1. Create the Braid – Make a part, starting from behind the left ear to the right ear. Then, create a deep right-side part leaving out the lesser hair. Gather the front section of hair and tease the root to create texture and volume. IT&LY Hairfashion Purity Design Pure Texture Volumizing Spray at the root area for hold. Braid the hair on the scalp from right to left all the way to the end.
GET THE LOOK: Nominee Diane Kruger’s glamorous asymmetrical Jason Wu gown (which BTW Marta loves Diane’s dress! Best Dressed for sure!) was the inspiration for the soft, romantic side-chignon that celebrity stylist Mark Townsend created for the 2010 SAG awards.
“I started by taking a small amount of Moroccanoil Treatment and finger combed it through Diane’s dry hair” explained Townsend. “The original Moroccanoil is super light-weight and absorbs right in, to give the hair amazing shine without weighing it down.
Love Rachel McAdams hairdo at the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ London Premiere? Talking Makeup has the scoop on how to get Rachel’s hairstyle thanks to Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin!
For the world premiere event of the highly-anticipated Sherlock Holmes movie, Sebastian Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin styled actress Rachel McAdams’ tresses to complement her Grecian-inspired gown for a red carpet look that radiated grace and glam. All eyes were on Sherlock’s leading lady’s asymmetrical, loosely textured side braid styled by Thomas Dunkin.
Thomas shares styling tips for recreating Rachel’s red carpet look at home:
1. Start by applying a volumizing product like Sebastian Professional Texturizer to wet hair.
2. Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized Velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
3. Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
4. Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.