All Posts Tagged With: "pony"
Get the Donna Karan Resort Sleek Pony with Cutler
Cutler set the trend once again at the Donna Karan Resort show that took place on Friday, June 4th, 2010. The sexy, sleek ponytail was a glam accessory for the after-dark fashions that Donna Karan showcased on the runway. Didier Malige for Cutler, who created the look for the show, shares tips with us on how to recreate this sleek pony.
How to get a sleek pony:
1: Spray dry hair with Cutler Volumizing Spray, as well as Cutler Protectant Treatment Spray to add a base to the hair. Using a Mason Pearson brush and a blow dryer, manipulate the product into the hair for added texture and volume
Spring Hair Trends with TRESemmé
TRESemmé created three chic looks for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2010 in NYC.
The Show: Whitney Eve. The Hairstyle: Fun and Flirty Textured Pony.
Hair Tutorial: How to get this hairdo: To coincide with the laid-back, fun-loving feel of the Whitney Eve collection, TRESemmé created a girly, textured pony. Using the right products, this playful look is easy to achieve at home:
1. Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse to damp hair, and blow dry upside down using a round brush.
2. Spray hair with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray, and lightly curl with a 1” curling iron for texture.
3. Gently tease the top of the head towards the front of the hairline for volume. Using fingers, pull hair back into a ponytail towards the crown, and fasten with an elastic.
4. Create texture throughout the ponytail using hands, and finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Ultra Fine Mist Hairspray.
Jada Pinkett Smith at the 3rd Annual Essence Black Women
Celebrity Hairstylist Marcia Hamilton created this stunning look for Jada Pinkett Smith at the 3rd Annual Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon.
The Hairstyle: Braided & Textured Pony
1. Create the Braid – Make a part, starting from behind the left ear to the right ear. Then, create a deep right-side part leaving out the lesser hair. Gather the front section of hair and tease the root to create texture and volume. IT&LY Hairfashion Purity Design Pure Texture Volumizing Spray at the root area for hold. Braid the hair on the scalp from right to left all the way to the end.
Get Flawless Holiday Hair
Stand out this season with perfect holiday hair!
This is the time of year for celebration, and you want to make sure you look as great as you feel. These tips and products from celebrity hair stylist Ken Paves, whose clients include Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez and Eva Longoria Parker – are all you need to get party-worthy hair in a snap.
For a fun alternative to your everyday hair style, clip in hairdo’s Wrap-Around Pony ($49: QVC.com). This easy-to-do style looks chic and effortless, and it only takes minutes to do! The Wrap-Around Pony instantly adds length and volume to your hair, and can be heat styled to achieve any desired texture. Stars like Blake Lively have wowed on the red carpet by sporting this fun, flirty look.