All Posts Tagged With: "Michael Angel"
New York Fashion Week Spring 2010 Report: Michael Angel spring ‘10 – September 10th Hair by Sebastian Professional
Inspiration: Taking inspiration from strong influential women like Nancy Cunard, Josephine Baker and Schiaparelli, Michael Angel directed a Spring ’10 beauty look that’s meant to replace the depressing, dark days of yore with a revived, empowered and reenergized youthfulness. A fresh, healthy “just come back from holiday” look subtly complements the collection’s energy-packed, color-rich and cool designs that Michael is famous for.
The Hair Look: To keep this ponytail from looking cold and severe, Sebastian Professional lead stylist Thomas Dunkin kept the crown soft and clean, allowing some of the hair’s natural texture free reign for a played-in feeling.
Here’s how to create your own perfect pony:
1) Apply Sebastian Professional Thickefy Foam to damp hair; blend evenly throughout
2) Blow hair out straight with a medium to large-sized round brush
3) Neatly brush hair back with a comb or flat brush and fasten with a hair tie just below eye level to avoid looking too “sporty”
4) Smooth the first half of the head with Shine Define for a shiny finish or apply Microweb Fiber to entice rogue wisps for a more lived-in look
5) Mist the length with Halo Mist and leave smooth and straight
Cosmetics leader, Maybelline New York, along with sports, entertainment and media company IMG, today announced that the beauty brand will serve as the official cosmetic sponsor for IMG Fashion’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City’s Bryant Park. The two year agreement, which will commence at the upcoming spring collections in September 2009, will carry through to the event’s planned move to Lincoln Center in September 2010.
Maybelline New York will support a selection of well-established as well as up-and-coming designers including Charlotte Ronson, Tracy Reese, Michael Angel and Erin Wasson x RVCA. The makeup teams will be led by Charlotte Willer, the brand’s Global Makeup Artist.