All Posts Tagged With: "Sherlock Holmes"
The cast of Sherlock Holmes traveled from Berlin to Madrid then to Paris for three star-studded international premieres for the global blockbuster. Sebastian stylist Thomas Dunkin, who also styled leading lady Rachel McAdams’ hair for the world premiere, created three different looks for the actress in these three different cities to complement her gorgeous gowns.
In Berlin, Thomas styled 40’s-inspired finger-waves for Rachel that bespoke elegance and grace.
Thomas shares the step-by-step on how to get Rachel McAdams’ hairdo at the Berlin Sherlock Holmes Premiere:
1) Begin by saturating damp hair from root to tip with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray
2) Blow-dry hair with a medium-sized round brush and set whole head in medium-sized Velcro rollers
3) Leave the rollers in hair for about 5-10 minutes to cool down
4) Remove rollers beginning at the bottom, then use a ¼-inch curling iron to curl each section beginning at the root and eventually wrapping the entire section around the iron
5) Brush through hair with a Mason Pearson brush and use large section clips to define the waves where they naturally indent
6) Spray hair with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hair spray over the entire head and leave to set for another 10 minutes
7) Finish by removing the section clips and shaking head for an easy, sexy look
In Madrid, Thomas styled Rachel’s unstructured updo with vixen-like volume.
I love Blake Lively’s hair at the New York City premiere of “Sherlock Holmes” last night. In fact, it seems that I always love Blake’s hair. She’s just got it going on. Blake’s dress is once again the opposite of plain, and somewhat outrageous. I love how she is not afraid to go for unexpected and sexy styles. I see a little bit of Lady Gaga influence with the dress. Is this a dress/body suite? All in all, Blake Lively’s style experimentations are SO Marta Walsh:)
Chantecaille is proud to be part the eagerly awaited feature length film Sherlock Holmes directed by Guy Ritchie and staring the beautiful Rachel McAdams and Kelly Reilly. Sherlock Holmes is opening December 25, 2009.
Makeup artist Patricia Regan used and array of Chantecaille products on the set of Sherlock Holmes: “I love their sheerness, the natural finish, the organic color and consistency. Chantecaille products give me perfect control over the look I like to achieve.”-Patricia Regan
Image via: comingsoon.net
Patricia Regan used an array of Chantecaille products on the set of Sherlock Holmes including:
Compact Makeup in Petal