All Posts Tagged With: "Top 10"
Before you make up your next face, there are 10 crucial no-nos we’d like you to know so you don’t end up on this list. To ensure your efforts aren’t wasted, we asked celebrity makeup artist Fiona Stiles to share her expert beauty tips on nipping these common mistakes in the bud.
Scent can be a very personal thing — what makes one person feel like a sexy goddess makes another gag — but some fragrances are (almost) universally loved. See which ones our readers say they can’t live without and find out which fragrance topped the list for TotalBeauty.com members. The answer may surprise you (or if you’re a fan, maybe it won’t).
A cleanser is a cleanser, right? Don’t they all do the same job? Hardly. Our readers gave us their two cents about which cleansers made their faces squeaky clean — without leaving their skin feeling like the Sahara. What product was ranked No. 1 by TotalBeauty.com members? Read on to find out.
Here is a great article I found on Top 10 Fall Fragrances 2008 by Now Smell This.
Fall? Bah, humbug. I’m a summer person. The best thing I can say about fall is that at least it isn’t winter yet. Here are some of the fragrances I like to wear while counting the days until spring…
CB I Hate Perfume Burning Leaves: I can’t think of any other scent that so perfectly captures what fall ought to smell like. As I said when I reviewed it, it is “calming and invigorating at the same time”, and it layers beautifully with all kinds of other things. To stick with the autumn theme, layer it with Gathering Apples (from the same brand).
L’Artisan Navegar: I think of Navegar as the fall version of L’Eau de L’Artisan – take out the seaweed, add some spices, voilà. It’s too lightweight for qualify as a winter scent, but in the early, crisp days of fall when you can still get away with a light jacket, it’s just right. Another spicy cologne to carry you into fall: Diptyque L’Eau de L’Eau.
Bvlgari Omnia: In the same seasonal category as Navegar – sheer but spicy, perfect for those early days when it’s not yet cold enough for Donna Karan Black Cashmere. That is, assuming you’re one of those lucky people that can smell Omnia at all. If you’re not, you’ll spray it on and wonder where it went.
Diptyque Tam Dao: Is the glut of information fueling your election anxiety disorder? Spray on some soothing Tam Dao. Oh, and stop looking at the polls. It will all be over soon.
Kenzo Amour: Tam Dao didn’t work? Spray on some Kenzo Amour. Still freaking out? Did you try layering them? Well then, sorry, there’s nothing we can do for you. Apparently you need to go camping.
Estee Lauder Sensuous: Yeah, yeah, I know. Many of you hate it. Angela found it dull, and she’s got plenty of company. I can’t make a case for Sensuous as an edgy scent, it’s true, but I prefer to think of it as “easy to wear”. I reach for it at night when I’m too tired for edgy.
I compiled a list of my top 10 makeup products of the week in my first Marta Walsh video blog.
You are going to see more of these videos of me talking about makeup, skincare, and just my adventures as a beauty blogger and an interviewer for BeautyInterviews.com
Because this was my first video blog I only mentioned 9 products instead of 10. Sorry everyone, but here it is, product number 10: Function Self-Adjusting Powder Foundation in Light L1-L2 by Smashbox Cosmetics. It is on my top 10 list of the week because it gives my skin great coverage in no time. I use it with different brushes to achieve different finishes. Big powder brush all over my face and a small brush under my eyes and around the nose and moth.
List of products in the video include:
1. Pigment in Gold Mode by MAC Cosmetics.
2. XXL Volume+Length Microfiber Mascara by Maybelline New York.
3. Aveeno Active Naturals Intense Relief Overnight Cream.
4. Give Me The Shimmers Body Powder Sexy Little Things by Victoria’s Secret Beauty.
5. Very Sexy Dare Eau de Parfum Spray by Victoria’s Secret Beauty.
6. Brightening Therapy with TrueTone by PCA Skin.
7. DDF Protect And Correct UV Moisturizer SPF 15.
8. Clearskin Professional Clarifying Toner Pads by AVON.
9. Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming Lip Gloss.
Talking Makeup’s Top 10 celebrity hair stylist tips:
1. “I always use the same brushes: Mason Pearson for detangling and blowing out bangs and Spornett mixed bristle round brushes for blowouts. The mixed bristles grip the hair and create enough tension to get the hair really smooth without pulling on the hair”-Mark Townsend.
2. “There are so many to choose from now days so make sure you understand your hair type, etc. Do you have fine hair or thick hair or kinky hair….this makes a big difference in what shampoo and conditioner would be right for you. Fekkai has a very wide range of shampoos and conditioners that I love that would fit almost all hair-types out there…. Experiment till you find the one that makes your hair soft and shiny without leaving too much residue or buildup on your hair”-Adir Abergel.
3. “It is always important to apply strong volumizer on the roots to achieve a full and glamorous base. Polished, soft and natural curls always add to a glamorous look the without appearing too overdone. A good tip to make the hair fall glamorously around the face is to line the hair in proportion with the cheekbones. This tip emphasizes the beauty and the overall effect of the hairstyle”-Oscar Blandi.
4. “Moisture”-Jamal Hammadi.
5. “My number one hair care tip is: invest in good hair products and visit your hairstylist frequently. Don’t be afraid of asking your hairstylist questions – that is part of their craft”-Omar Lopez.
6. “The Cutler Fly-Away Control Stick is definitely a must-have. It’s easy to travel with and great to pull out to add shine and bring down fly-aways. Another great product is Redken’s Workforce 09 hairspray it’s lightweight and adds shine”-Rodney Cutler.
7. “Texture hair is always in need of moisture, conditioning, and a good stylist who understands their hair type. Most stylists are not trained to understand our hair, so a lot of Caucasian stylist will turn them away”-Kiyah Wright.
8. “The biggest mistake people make is going to the salon when they are emotional. It is important to explain to your stylist your lifestyle whether it is work, family or friends”-Kaz Amor.
9. “I cannot live without Vavoom Gold Heat Iron-In Control Protective Dry Mist! This is the product I used to create Reese’s straight, sleek, shiny hair for the Globes. You spray the hair with this, then run a flat iron over the hair and it seals the hair and fights against humidity”-Mark Townsend.
10. ” I love to use jasmine oil on my clients because I am usually working under fast turn around so it is easy enough for women to use it every day”-Oscar Blandi.
via: Beauty Interviews.
This is Talking Makeup’s top 10 celebrity beauty secrets.
1. “Skincare, skincare, and skincare”-IMAN.
2. “I try to live a healthy balanced life always, so I don’t do anything different before the big day (red carpet). I think you get into trouble if you’re experimenting with crazy or drastic beauty treatments the day before!”-Heidi Klum.
3. “Monthly deep facials by Gina Jensen at Dangene McKay Bailey in Los Angeles”-Giuliana Depandi Rancic.
4. “Plenty of sleep!”-Melania Trump.
5. “Wash your face every night, and moisturize your entire body!”-Audrina Patridge.
6. “Mints for fresh breath and lip gloss and moisturizer for the body..To me, I feel looking natural and healthy is the best way to look”-Carrie Ann Inaba.
7. “Duh, Lots of sleep. Also no salty foods the night before big events, it makes your face look puffy”-Danneel Harris.
8. “Sleep. Eight hours of sleep every night no doubt and my second one is water”-Sally Pressman.
9.” Vaseline. I use a little under my eyes and on my hands at night. It keeps the skin moisturized”-Bridget Marquardt.
10. “As corny as it sounds, is to face life and others with a smile- there is nothing more beautiful than genuine and open smile. And drink LOTS of water”-Maite Schwartz.
via: Beauty Interviews.