All Posts Tagged With: "Blow Drying"
Top Beauty Products 2009: Hair
It’s been a long but fun beautiful year here at Talking Makeup. I’ve tried many beauty products and fell in love 100 plus times. Here is the list of my favorite hair products for 2009! I really hope you all enjoy “The List” and love them as much as I do:)
Marta Walsh is having a great hair day thanks to Avon Advanced Techniques Dry Ends Serum:)
Shampoo & Conditioner
For Blonde Hair:
1. Pantene highlighting expressions
2. John Frieda Collection sheer blonde
3. Redken Blonde Glam
Frizzy hair, dry hair, color treated hair:
1. Pantene Smooth Vitality
2. Pureology supersmooth and Pureology hydrate
3. Living proof no frizz
4. Paul Labrecque Repair
5. Moroccanoil moisture repair
6. L’Oreal Professionnel Paris vitamino color
7. Pantene Pro V Restoratives Frizz Control
8. L’Oreal EverPure Moisture
9. Leonor Greyl nourishing shampoo for long and dry hair
Eva Mendes at the Sherlock Holmes New York City Premiere
I absolutely love Eve Mendes outfit at the premiere of Sherlock Holmes at the Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on December 17, 2009 in New York City. It’s refreshing to see a white lacy dress underneath her boyfriend’s jacket. I’m totally inspired! More white goes into my closet because at the moment I’m the black queen. I also love the updo. And if you agree with me, I have tips on how to get Eva’s hairdo thanks to Thomas Dunkin from the Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team.
Thomas shares his styling tips for recreating Eva’s red carpet look at home:
1) Start by dampening the hair and pulling through a small amount of Sebastian Professional Potion 9 Lite. Take a 4″ section of hair at the crown and saturate it with Thickefy Foam before blow-drying. Then put in approx. six medium-sized velcro rollers.
Jessica Lowndes at her 21st Birthday Party: Get The Look
Celebrity Stylist Theodore Leaf Tends the Tresses of 90210 Star Jessica Lowndes with BIOLUSTRÉ before her 21st Birthday Bash, November 7, a the The Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood CA.
The Look: A glamorous, “showgirl” up-do inspired by Moulin Rouge.
To restore healthy shine to her hair and prepare for styling, Jessica used Biolustré’s intense 4-step repair system:
– Release Cleansing Shampoo: A gentle, low PH cleansing shampoo designed to remove excess oils and product build-up.
– Revive Repair Treatment: A unique formula clinically proven to repair hair to a near virgin condition, restoring softness, shine and strength.
– Restore Maintenance Treatment Shampoo: An innovative formula containing Biolustré’s exclusive Lustreloc Technology, which delivers low levels of polymers to provide added strength and shine to hair.
Hair Trends: Classic Ballerina Chignon
New York Fashion Week Spring 2010 Hair Trends Report:
Designer: Charlotte Ronson Spring 2010 Collection
Hair by: lead stylists Allen Ruiz for Avon Advance Techniques
Hair Trend: Classic Ballerina Chignon
Inspiration: The look mirrors the Charlotte Ronson collection, which is inspired by a remake of 80’s style. The hair was created to evoke a fresh, young wispy look and a “just walked out of dance class at Julliard” look to play off her fabrics and bold designs.
How to get the hairdo:
Step 1: Prep the hair from root to tip with Advance Techniques Salon Volume Finishing Spray to enhance natural shine and create volume.
Ted Gibson Built It Blow Drying Agent
Ted Gibson Built It Blow Drying Agent is a lightweight volumizing and shine enhancing spray for heat styling. The Ted Gibson haircare line was created by Ted Gibson, a celebrity hairdresser, famous for working with Angelina Jolie and owner of The Ted Gibson Salon in New York City.
Ted Gibson Built It Blow Drying Agent is made with two of Ted Gibson’s signature natural ingredients: Merlot Complex and wild orchid extract both known for protecting hair environmental damage, boosting shine, and setting hair with a light hold. Ted Gibson Built It Blow Drying Agent also adds healthy texture, lifts, and controls frizz and humidity. Perfect if you like to blow dry or use flat iron often. Cost: $28.